Did you Know?
- Swimming pools are the most common site for a drowning to occur for children ages 1 to 4.
- Eighty-nine percent of boating deaths of all ages occurred on boats where the operator had not received boating safety instructions.
- The majority of infant drowning deaths happen in bathtubs or large buckets.
- African-American kids ages 5 to 14 are almost three times more likely to drown than white children.
- The use of specially made drain covers, safety vacuum-release systems, multiple filter pumps and other pressure-venting pool filter mechanisms can reduce the risk of entrapment in pools.